Immersed in grief from Lily's death, I was thrown a lifeline. My dear friend Jennifer and my Goddess Daughter Mikki invited me to be a central part of the M's wedding. I helped with the invitations, altered the dress, provided catering services (with their help), hosted many before work days, officiated at the ceremony and held a party after the wedding at my home. It was a lot and it helped to force me to move again.
When I am upset, angry or depressed, I experience debilitating neck and back pain. This pain can last for months. Because I didn't have time to sit and I was forced to move around, my pain was limited to a few hours a day. It's frustrating that in order to be in less pain, I have to be moving.
Now, I am trying to use that sense of urgency with the garden, farm, yard--outside. I have over 1000 plants in the sunspace that will need to go outside. Lettuce, bachelor's buttons, sunflowers, cabbage, peppers, asters, and lots of other plants. The beds aren't quite ready but with a couple of good days of work, I should have them in good shape. In the days to come, I'll write up some garden goodies.
Spring has Sprung!
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment